In this workshop, we will be looking at what it means to be a ‘good-enough ally’, through understanding racial trauma, white fragility, privilege and white guilt, paired with using nurturing art therapy exercise to unpack, hold and deepen the approach to these issues.
– Delve more into racial trauma, ‘white fragility‘ and ‘white guilt‘
– Recognize the behaviours and perpetuations of racial and cultural trauma
– Explore what it means to be an ally and how to be a part of social healing
– Practice art therapy skills and exercises for issues around race
– Practice art therapy skills to continue using when you need to outside the workshop
– Establish a sense of community within the workshop
You will need:
• Paper of your choosing
• Pencils and/or pens of your choosing
• Watercolours or acrylic paints (optional)
• Crayons or pastels (optional)
*You don’t need any experience in mental health or trauma work to attend this workshop, just an open mind and some curiosity.
*Experience in art making is not necessary for this workshop. This is for therapeutic purposes only.
*This live online workshop was recorded on 25/06/2021.
*This workshop equates to 1.5hrs of CPD.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.