In this workshop, we will be looking at the topic of self-love & self-care, understanding the importance of prioritizing ourselves as part of regular routine. We will be using art therapy exercises to cultivate loving-kindness in ourselves and for others, an important part of healing – not just racial trauma – but trauma overall.
– Explore the ideas around self-care, self love and how racial and cultural identity issues in Eurocentric environments impacts this
– Understand the importance of our own experiences of love and care from others, from ourselves, in forming our sense of self-worth, racial and cultural acceptance
– Use art therapy tools and exercises to cultivate and deepen loving-kindness for self
– Practice skills that you can use when you need to after the workshop to continue your self-love journey
– Establish a sense of belonging and community within the workshop
You will need:
• Paper of your choosing
• Pencils and/or pens of your choosing
• Watercolours or acrylic paints (optional)
• Crayons or pastels (optional)
*You don’t need any experience in mental health or trauma work to attend this workshop, just an open mind and some curiosity.
*Experience in art making is not necessary for this workshop. This is for therapeutic purposes only.
*This live online workshop was recorded on 27/08/2021. All voices, names and commentary of the participants have been removed to retain their privacy and confidentiality. A private link to the full recording of the workshop will be sent to you upon purchase.
*This workshop equates to 1.5hrs of CPD.